1 December 2009

Hi!

Christmas is one of the most important family holidays in Poland. We start our preparations for the holiday a few days before it. Everyone buys presents for the family and friends.

At first I and my family tidy our house and decorate it. Father goes to the special shops and buys a Christmas tree. At home I and my brother decorate it. On the table there must be 12 dishes, so there is a lot of work to do for my mother and grandmother.

On 24th December whole the family gathers at the Christmas table. There is an empty plate for an unexpected guest. My brother looks out of the window to find the first star. When there is one in the sky we share the holy wafer. Then we sit at the table and have the dinner. After it we sing carols and get presents. At 12 p.m. we go to church for a midnight mass.

Ania

No comments:

Post a Comment