7 December 2009

Christmas

It's December now so we've got Christmas in Poland. It's a dominant subject in winter. Maybe you would like to find out about the way we celebrate it in our country.
In Poland Christmas is the most popular holiday. Everyone waits for it actually for the whole year. On this night we can be with our families and friends. We live in reconciliation. I think there's no person who dislikes X-mas.
In Poland some people read the Bible. There has never been such a custom in my house. When the first star is in the sky we (me and my family) just start celebrating. We share the wafer. In Poland on the table there should be 12, 9 or 7 dishes during the Christmas supper. In my house there have always been 7 or 9 (it depends on my mother - she cooks). Oh, and we have a Christmas tree of course! But only I can decorate it. I could say it's our house custom! ;) I always make home gingerbread with my mother and sister. There's no X-mas with no gingerbread in my house.
Now the most important thing about Christmas - presents! In Poland it could be anything - from a great modern brand-new computer to ugly drawers. No present can destroy our good mood - it's Christmas! I usually get books because everyone in my family knows that I love them. I often get DVD films too.

Merry Christmas!!!!!! ;*

5 comments:

  1. Nice text! hope you'll get some nice book this christmas.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In sweden we also have christmas-trees. VERYVERYVERY NICE :):):) highfive.
    merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! :D Merry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete